Here we are. Our final farewell to Paul’s letter to the Ephesians. Let’s jump right in and see how Paul says his good-byes to his Christian family. His final words are for you and me, too.
Read Ephesians 6:18-24.
1. What’s the first word of verse 18 and verse 19?
2. Pray. (That’s the answer to #1, if you missed it!)
3. What is an additional instruction given in the second half of verse 18? Read 1 Peter 5:8. Why do we need to do this?
4. Define ambassador. How does this apply to you and me?
5. Paul’s prayer request cuts right to my heart in the second half of verse 20. What is it? If Paul has this one prayer request, we know it’s a big one!
I have so much I want to share with you and wish we could grab hands now and pray for each other as we step out in faith - God’s Sword in our hands and our hearts. Although we studied separately, the Lord has connected us. So I’m ending with this...
Mighty Father, we praise you and humble ourselves before you as your chosen servants. Please strengthen us with your power as we step onto the battlefield. Help us to stand firm in your armor and fix our eyes on You rather than on our circumstances. We are honored and a little fearful, but we love you and want to bring you great glory! Give us the boldness to proclaim you as we should and the love for one another so that we do this with grace and gentleness. You alone are worthy of our praise, and we ask all of this in the name of your Son and our Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.